European Space Imaging was established in 2002 and has been growing steadily ever since – now we have an office of around 40 close-knit employees in the beautiful city of Munich. We work hard to provide Europe with Earth’s best satellite images, and are just a short walk away from the world’s biggest Biergarten!
HELP US TO SEE THE
World FROM SPACE
Expand Your Horizons
Our international team works with clients across Europe and North Africa to understand the entire globe.
Own Your Role
Because we are a smaller company there is room for employees to make a role their own.
A Higher Purpose
Our work has a real impact on how people see and understand the world – we can make it a better place.
European Space Imaging is Europe’s most successful provider of global high-resolution satellite imagery based in Munich, Germany. Since its establishment in 2002, European Space Imaging has consistently shown extraordinary growth and is now selling its satellite image products to customers in Europe and North Africa. European Space Imaging is a WorldView Global Alliance partner of DigitalGlobe, USA. Our European technology partners are the German Aerospace Center DLR and GAF AG.
Facilitating our growth, we are seeking to recruit proactive and reliable performers to fill the positions of
Junior GIS Specialist (M/F/D)
The position is based in Munich, Germany, and reports to the Director of Operations. The weekly working time will amount to 40 hours and will include weekends on a rotation basis.
Your tasks and responsibilities include:
- Preparation, execution, analyzing and reporting of our image collection campaigns
- Support of our Operations team for satellite tasking
- Manage satellite collections
- Pre-pass preparation
- Real-time collection support
- Post-pass reporting
- Feasibility studies for satellite collections
Your skills include:
- Good command of English language and good knowledge of German
- Good working knowledge of the MS Office Suite
- Structured, well organized approach to work
- Creative and proactive person with good communication skills
- Knowledge of GIS (ArcView/ArcGIS) will help
- Willingness for weekend work (dependent on the schedule this could either be from home, from the office or at the DLR, Oberpfaffenhofen) is absolutely necessary
- Valid driver’s license
This is a perfect opportunity for graduates to take ownership of a role and become an essential part of a dynamic and growing organization.
Interested in pursuing this opportunity? We look forward to receiving your letter and curriculum vitae in English via e-mail to email@example.com with the subject title: Operations
The position is based in Munich, Germany and reports to the Director Customer Support, from March 2021 to appr. March 2022, with the possibility of an extension.
Your main tasks and responsibilities include:
– Provide and support all Service Portfolio Orders, pre and post sales and problem handling
– Writing quotations, offers and support the team with proposals
– Work closely with the various departments and providers (US)
– Data entry in a tailor-made customer databases and portals (Joint Research Center (JRC EU), European Maritime Safety Agency (EMSA) and/or ESA’s Copernicus Data Warehouse)
– Order desk support
– Use of GIS software such as ArcGIS , QGis, GafMap/ maintaining GIS projects
– Communication with European customers and stakholders mainly via email
– General administration duties in support of work carried out (using tailor-made SAP database)
– Quality assessment and cloud cover control of collected satellite images
– Emergency Order desk for EMSA/Copernicus on the weekends from time to time
We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and talented individual to join our professional Customer Support Team which has an excellent reputation and is working for large international Earth Observation projects of the European Commission and with a wide range of resellers all over Europe.
Your skills and profiles include:
- Confidence when dealing with a range of different customers over the phone, via email and face to face
- Basic/Good Knowledge of GIS software (ArcView/ArcGIS/QGIS)
- Very good command of English language; good knowledge of German is a plus
- Good working knowledge of the MS Office Suite
- Master/ Bachelor Degree in Geography, Remote Sensing, Geomedia, Cartography, GIS or related fields is required
- Able to work independently, reliable and accurate and as a motivated team player
- Problem analysis / solving skills, proactive, adaptable and flexible
- EU Residency/Nationality limited to NATO, European Union, Australia, Japan, New Zealand, and Switzerland
“Focus on the user and all else will follow” Interested in pursuing this opportunity?
We look forward to receiving your letter and curriculum vitae in German or English via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title: CS 2021.